If you’re trying to install a theme update manually, you might get this message:
Installing the theme… Destination folder already exists. Theme install failed.
In order to update the theme, you’ll actually need delete the current version before you can upload the new one.
Here’s how to do that:
- Go to “Appearance > Themes”
- Temporarily switch to an alternate theme
- Then, click “Theme Details” for the theme you are trying to replace
- Click the “Delete” link in the bottom right
- Now click the “Add New” button and upload the new theme version
- Switch to the new version of the theme you uploaded