When you purchase a WordPress theme you’ll generally get a download link for the zip file. To upload this theme to your site involves a couple simple steps.
- Log into your WordPress site, and go to “Appearances > Themes” menu item
- Click the “Install Themes” tab at the top of that screen
- Click the “Upload” submenu, also near the top
- Now choose the .zip file that you have of the theme click “Install Now”
A couple notes:
- If you use WordPress.com, you cannot upload your own themes.
- If your zip file contains multiple themes, you’ll need to unzip it, and then re-zip each theme individually.
- Purchase themes only from trusted sources- otherwise you run the risk of getting a hacked version (no fun).